Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been looking all around for a bra for my 03 STS with no luck...Does any company make one for the 98-04s or no? Only thing I can find are the Wolf 92-97 bras....

I'd really like to get my clean front end covered up before winter screws it up like the rest of my cars. :banghead:

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meh...dont like the look of clear bras...my car is black anyway.

I ordered one from carbras.com. Thanks for the link. :cool:

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
I think you'll like it. They do the job. I don't leave mine on all the time. Just for highspeed road trips. Especially in the winter when they dump sand etc on the roads.

Be sure to let your new bra warm up before it is installed. It needs to "relax" some before you pull it across the frontend.

·
Registered
2000 Eldo ETC
16 Posts
That is good advice. Another tip is to wax and leave the wax on where the bra will be. If you don't want to do that make sure you take it off every once in a while and clean and wax the area. GM paint isn't the best.

·
Registered
1998 FireMist Gold Seville STS
108 Posts
i have a bra from carbras.com and i use it alot and it works great even though it does have little flapping over 85 mph anyhow see ya all enjoy your bra....

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
I'm considering getting one too. Can you guys put on some pics of yours with it on so I can get an idea of how it looks. On carbras.com , there's only one picture. I think it would help me make my decision if I could see how they look more.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ToroToro said:
Meh...dont like the look of clear bras...my car is black anyway.

I ordered one from carbras.com. Thanks for the link. :cool:

Don't like the look of clear bras? Where have you seen them? If they alter the "look" of a car, then they're not done properly. A properly applied clear bra will be invisible, except under CLOSE scrutiny...

But, whatever... have fun trying to get the abrasion marks from the vinyl bra out.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
tremor12 said:
Don't like the look of clear bras? Where have you seen them? If they alter the "look" of a car, then they're not done properly. A properly applied clear bra will be invisible, except under CLOSE scrutiny...

But, whatever... have fun trying to get the abrasion marks from the vinyl bra out.
If my car were new or completely unblemished, I might have gone the 3M route. As it is the bra suits my purpose. There are no abrasion marks - dirt free surfaces are the key.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts