Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 3.2 2003
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv read all the thread's. I have all the info I need, besides I was hoping someone had a list of all the tools I will need, just to make sure I have everything. Mainly concerning the tools needed to take off the bracket with the two hard to get to screws.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
which bracket are you talking about that has hard to get to screws? the only bracket you would need to remove is the ECM bracket and those screws are right there on top. then each coil pack has two screws that are right on top as well. then once the coil packs are off, then there are your plugs. the 3.2L has the easiest plugs i have ever changed. definitely not a hard job

·
Registered
NONE - was 2006 CTS. Now 2012 4LT Centennial GS Corvette
388 Posts
the 3.2L has the easiest plugs i have ever changed. definitely not a hard job
Then you never changed the plugs on a 1970 F250 with a 250 cubic inch straight six in it. You could literally stand inside the engine compartment while you were changing the plugs! :histeric:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 3.2 2003
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the threads iv read talk about needing a ratcheting wrech to turn the bolts 1/16th of a turn on two of the bolts. just trying to find out what size that ratcheting wrech is.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
BadAV and josney...it would have been nice to be able to stand in my engine bay and change plugs, but i am not quite that old...my oldest car is an 83

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Then you never changed the plugs on a 1970 F250 with a 250 cubic inch straight six in it. You could literally stand inside the engine compartment while you were changing the plugs! :histeric:
Then you've never even the plugs on a Chrysler 300m 3.5
They are RIGHT there. You can most likely do them by HAND.
I could only wish all cars were like that in terms of simplicity... but then again the 300m has its battery somewhere in the wheel well.... so yeah. LMAO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts