Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lost, whenever I turn on my lights (fog or head) I get the traction control light on the dash and my cruise control no longer works. When I am driving during the day with only the daytime running lights I have no issues with either.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,504 Posts
Weird. Never seen this one before. When/how did this begin ?

Has anyone done anything with the dash or underhood wiring ? (Wild guess) - New sound system install, involving splicing wires ????

Wiring/switch diagnostics - www.alldatadiy.com for your year and model.

·
Registered
2003 SLS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No new stereo equipment though plans are in the working, Former competitor, It happened after I changed the tail lights. I have checked all the connections and verified that no cables are damaged. I have experience in this field, I interrogated military vehicles with communication systems at my former job.

----------

I just noticed the icon, Master Chief in what rate?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Haven't there been a couple of cruise control issues here after reinstalling the tail lights and pinching a wire?

Electrical is NOT my thing, but if it started immediately after changing rear bulbs, I'd remove the housings and check for anything pinched.

Do all the bulbs work correctly, even with the other issues?

Have you pulled the codes?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,504 Posts
BINGO !!! ^^^

Any shorts in the brake lamp circuits and Traction and Cruise go haywire. I think even a burned out brake lamp filament causes problems ???

Look at the harness for the tail lamps, the center light assembly (tag, parking, etc.) and the harness where it leaves the left trunk hinge/bracket channel, as well as the body ground at the LR fenderwell metal.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
404 Posts
There was an issue with a Deville where putting on the turn signal would set the traction control light. It turned out to be the tail light assembly. Try re-checking all the bulbs and connections in the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts