Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Seville STS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
My parents have a 2003 Seville STS with about 93k miles on it. It had a few issues recently and the dealer recommended new Catalytic convertors and a new EGR Valve. We replaced all those parts as recommended but no one reset any of the codes, so the Service Engine Soon light was still on as well as the ABS/Traction Control and Brake lights. I checked the codes and the following came up:

C1214 C1214 - System Relay Contact or Coil Circuit Open
C1248 C1248 - EBCM Turned the Red Brake Warning Indicator On

B1004 B1004 - Keep Alive Memory (KAM)
B1652 B1652 - Loss of Keep Alive Memory (KAM)

U1000 U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction
P0420 P0420 - Catalyst System Low Efficiency
U1016 U1016 - Loss of Communications with PCM

I cleared all of the codes and then started the vehicle, the ABS/Traction lights and Brake light all came back on, but the Service Engine light was turned off and the car runs great. I didn't have a chance to re-check the codes but I'm assuming only so many of the above codes have anything to do with the ABS/Traction system. Any input on this? Thanks for your help!!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,995 Posts
Only the first two codes refer to the ABS/Traction light. The others are common and are probably gone now. (The P0420 was repaired ??) Unfortunately the two (ABS) codes are connected with dollar signs.

YOU read the entire Cadillac Technical Archive up in the black bar ^^^ and fill your parents in on how to drive that car - it's not a "Cadillac" - it's a fast sports sedan.

·
Registered
97 Seville STS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh don't worry about that, my parents (and I) are about as heavy of gearheads as you can get and we don't drive them slow. They get DRIVEN :)

My question to you is, what do you think those ABS codes pertain to? Do you think its a bad wheel sensor? ABS Module??

·
Registered
97 Seville STS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any other input on this?? I read up a bit and I guess the top 2 codes could pertain to the EBTCM, is that correct?? Any good sources for a replacement module??

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,623 Posts
Post the codes AND the definitions. It will make it MUCH easier for us to help you.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,995 Posts
They're all spelled out in Post #1.

The C1214 points toward some extensive circuit checking, but I have NO idea where to start. One of our electrical guys will have to field this one..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts