Cadillac Owners Forum banner

03 heated steering wheel into 00?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  DevilleDeeman 
#1 ·
hey guys wanted to know if anyone has ever but a heated steering wheel from the 04+ devilles into 00-01? do you guys think its possible?

#3 ·
Anything is possible...this sounds like alot of work for a luxury option, I have this option in my 06 DTS, frankly I can tell you living in Canada I have used it once. You would have to rewire the steering column, put a switch in and never mind what codes would pop up if this is all done incorrectly.
Good Luck!

#5 ·
Tapping into other wires ain't that easy on these cars as it may set off codes for other things. You may be able to run wiring to fuse-block and use a spare fuse. Find out what amps the heated steering uses...I'm guessing maybe 15 amp fuse but I'm not entirely sure. Make sure you pull the ground off your battery before you pull steering wheel...heard of airbags going off this way. You may be able to tap into the lighting harness for the wheel if this is enough amperage for the heated option, I'm guessing it shouldn't set off any codes.
GL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.