Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a question, hopefully someone can help me out. I have a 2003 Escalade that was rear ended. The rear bumper and all rear parking assist sensors were replaced. Now, the rear parking assist doesn't work. Is there a way to reset it or is there something I need to do to get the sensors to work again?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback... Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
This the 07+ Escalade forum. There is a pre-07 Escalade forum that you should post your question to. If you look directly below this forum on the "main" forum page, you will see it! Good luck.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Hello All,

I have a question, hopefully someone can help me out. I have a 2003 Escalade that was rear ended. The rear bumper and all rear parking assist sensors were replaced. Now, the rear parking assist doesn't work. Is there a way to reset it or is there something I need to do to get the sensors to work again?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback... Thanks in advance.
Maybe they were never plugged back into the harness, check under the rear bumper to see if you can see anything. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok....So, I noticed that the wiring harness was kinda of crushed (i'm guessing because of the accident), so I replaced it... After that, i don't get the blinking red light...the sensors are kind of working. It actually seems like they are too sensitive....

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Do you have the yellow blinking lights, there are two yellows and one red if I remember from my 03' correctly, they all measure different distances

·
Registered
Current: 03 Escalade Prev: 01DTS, 98Deville, 89STS, 87Fleet
72 Posts
Mine also has red flashy with no sound... any thoughts? The ambers do not come one at all.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade ESV On 24's
28 Posts
if none of the sensors or plugs are damaged when you checked them this is what I would suggest and it worked for me. Since they are on the under body of the car they can get pretty dirty and if for some reason its not making contact of course you get the blinking red light. Take out all of your sensors its pretty easy Just a little pain cause you have to get down there. Check them for dirt and whatever and clean them the inside to the best of your ability. Now Heres the key go to your local auto parts store and get some of the electrical grease. Usually in the Aisle where fuses are etc. Before you plug them back in put some of the grease in each sensor this will insure contact between the harness and the sensor and fixed my problem when I did it. Plug it back in and replace everything as normal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts