Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here. I own an 03 Escalade and I'm looking to upgrade the onstar with Bluetooth. I found a product on amazon called costar. Please let me know if any of you have used this product and your thoughts or any other solutions you may have to use my phone through the onstar system. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
2007 DTS LuxII, 2008 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4, 2002 Seville SLS (RIP)
81 Posts
Do a search for this is in Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems - you will find a few threads on the costar.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
The costar unit is a good option but there are others on the market
I simple makes a interface that allows you to connect your phone and a iPod or have a aux in device

I have the said media gateway above and love it
It works great with my iPod and my iphone 6 plus

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
koncretegrizzly said:
Thanks Cadillac man!
Glad to help
If you need any help with the install just give me a pm
I can also give you the link for the exact same unit I have for both the gateway and Bluetooth add-on module
It's all plug and play so no modding is needed on the factory wiring

·
Registered
2003 EXT / 1976 Eldorado
184 Posts
I have the Isimple for playing music from my iphone, but didn't like it for phone as the head unit has to be on AUX for it to work if I am not mistaken. If you are listening to FM, the phone call will not ring through.

I have the Costar and find that the audio quality is so bad I don't use it. That said, I think it is fine tunable and I have not tried to mess with it...

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
90limited said:
I have the Isimple for playing music from my iphone, but didn't like it for phone as the head unit has to be on AUX for it to work if I am not mistaken. If you are listening to FM, the phone call will not ring through. I have the Costar and find that the audio quality is so bad I don't use it. That said, I think it is fine tunable and I have not tried to mess with it...
True but I rarely use the fm tuner since I have my iPod in the truck
No clue on the costar unit as I haven't got it

·
Registered
2005 Escalade, 2007 DTS Performance, 2003 DeVille
29 Posts
cadillac man, if you are listening to xm radio, will phone calls ring through or do you use it for calling out more than someone calling you? I have a system in my 2003 caddy deville that will turn off the radio while on a call and when it hangs up the radio or xm will come bacl on. is that the way it will work with the iSimple?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Sanyo3 said:
cadillac man, if you are listening to xm radio, will phone calls ring through or do you use it for calling out more than someone calling you? I have a system in my 2003 caddy deville that will turn off the radio while on a call and when it hangs up the radio or xm will come bacl on. is that the way it will work with the iSimple?
Yes it does
If I use the cd changer it doesn't though
I use it both ways and it works great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts