Cadillac Owners Forum banner

03 DTS Increase Horsepower?

8K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Are there any legitimate mods that can be made the make this year/model more powerful?

#4 ·
I have spent several YEARS compiling a list
of ALL the PROVEN mods available for our Northstar powered
Cadillac Deville - Seville - and Eldorados -

this is the MOST complete list -

it includes ALL add on - bolt on - screw on - stick on - paint on -
pour on - pour in - pour over -
move - remove - relocate -

I GUARANTEE each and every one of these mods
will either boost horse power -
or increase gas mileage -
OR BOTH -

I don't work for - nor am I affiliated with any of the products listed -

please find the COMPLETE LIST below - between the two RED lines -
if it IS NOT there - it DOES NOT work

like I said above -
I GUARANTEE that EVERYTHING listed - between the red lines - works -

#7 ·
#8 · (Edited)
That Deville goes on sale in eBay every 4 - 6 months. About $60,000 last time I saw it. It looks nice, sounds mean, and almost none of the Cadillac features and electronics work.

Do you really want it after those burnout contests ?

#9 ·
For the 300hp/3.71 final drive FWD powertrain there is little or nothing to be done. Someone will chime in with "But, CHRfab makes all sorts of Northstar speed parts !!!" - yes, they do. And their website front page specifically states "Not for GM road driven vehicles" or something close. There MAY be a 2000 - 2004 PCM "tune" available sometime in the not-too-near future, but even that will be to change or eliminate some engine constraints - not increase "power".

As posted, a good ($1200) mandrel bent s/s exhaust system of 2.5 - 2.75" pipe will give you about 15 hp up at redline WOT - nothing anywhere else in the power curve. That +15 hp is visible in dragstrip timeslips only. You'll never know it on the street.

CORSA used to make one for late Deville but it was discontinued about 5 years ago - no interest, and sales fell to zippo. It was almost identical to this one.

Attachments

#10 ·
I know something that'll work for sure. Buy the last vehicle I had - a 1988 Mazda B2200, and drive it for a week. Then park it and drive your Cadillac. No, your Caddy won't have changed, but after driving that slow, under-powered truck for a week, your Cadillac will feel like a ROCKET! And at the end of the day, that's what it's all about, isn't it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.