Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Deville DTS
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago I posted about wheel bearings/hubs for my 03 DTS.

The car has about 143,000 miles on it and I figured while I am going to have my hubs replaced, I might as well have the front axles replaced too, as they are starting to show wear.

What is the best manufacturer/place to buy them from and what manufacturer should I stay away from ?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
What do you mean by "show wear"? Are they making clicking noises when turning?

·
Registered
2003 Deville DTS
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.. well not really. A while ago, while pulling out of my driveway there seemed to be a creaking sound. But a mechanic (that did try to rip me off a while ago) had it on a lift and showed me where grease was leaking and said I should replace them when I do the bearings.

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
The axle didn't make the creak.

You can replace the boot, or the whole axle. If there's just seepage and there isn't a hole where dirt/water has been getting in, replacing the boot will be fine.

·
Registered
2003 Deville DTS
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In that case, which makes sense... where would you recommend purchasing the boot from? What manufacturer would you suggest or should I just let the dealer take care of it?

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
If you're not doing the work yourself, first find out if they'll allow you to buy your own parts. Most won't.

·
Registered
2003 Deville DTS
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, this Cadillac Dealership is awesome. It is a fairly large organization with about 30 different franchises. This one is Cadillac and Maserati

They are willing to do perform just labor on the Crank Shaft Sensors, Wheel Bearings and anything else related.

They quoted me $125 to install both Crank shaft sensors

$265 to install both front and left rear wheel bearing.

·
Registered
2001 Deville DTS
102 Posts
Hey I just ordered 2 axles, 2 hubs, 2 shock assembly's from rockauto. everything was AC delco except the axles. So I bought the cardones as they were about 150$ less than the delcos...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts