Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 DHS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching around the forums but haven't quite found the info I'm looking for?

Just picked up an 03 DHS and the wipers don't work. First I checked the 15a accy fuse under the hood and it's okay.

Is not quite clear to me if there is a second fuse involved and if so where is it? A Side question to that is where do I find the underdash fuse box or is there one? I do know there are electronic components and the battery under the back seat.

Also I'm not sure which relay may be involved and where it would be located?

Lastly, if it is the rain sensor causing the problem, where exactly is that and how do I pull it or bypass it?

I'm trying to check all that before pulling the wipers and changing the motor as I found in a helpful YouTube video.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
RainSense uses an infrared sensor mounted inside the windshield next to the rear view mirror.

You have an underhood and under-rear-seat pair of fuse/relay boxes.

Rainsense has several positions - Spring down for wipe once, OFF, Interval, Slow, Fast. With the stalk in OFF the system is inert. With the stalk in INT and some interval set, the wipers may sweep once every 2 or 3 minutes or faster, depending on rain density and interval setting. Also, with the stalk in INT the headlamps warning will show in the DIC and/or the headlamps will turn on if you have Twilight Sentinel set.

When all else fails, use the owner's manual, both for RainSense operation and diagrams of the fuse/relay box layouts.

·
Registered
2003 DHS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks! I do have a downloaded version of the Owners manual. I've never seen so many pages dedicated to just showing someone how to use a seatbelt!?!?! Lol

From my search is here on the form I'm assuming there's no such thing as an electronic service manual...?

A related question to the wipers, are all DHS automatically equipped with Rainsense or was this an option?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
Don't know about the DHS (Deville High luxury Sedan) options. Under the spare tire cover is a sticker with a slew of 3-character codes on it. The top group is the RPO (Regular Production Option) list of what's in that car, the lower group is the paint color and scheme. You can Google "cadillac deville 2003 rpo codes" or.............

Online GM/Helm service manuals - take out a multi-year subscription for the car - www.alldatadiy.com . The GM service manuals plus a LOT more, including definitions of all your RPOs.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
Lastly, if it is the rain sensor causing the problem, where exactly is that and how do I pull it or bypass it?
The RainSense module is up next to the rear view mirror (passengers side I believe). If you want to disable it, remove the cover (check the FSM first so you don't break it) and then just pull the plug. RainSense is like liver, Some love it, some hate it. Mine is disabled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts