Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 DHS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all I'm new here. Just picked up an '03 DHS a couple days ago, but I've been lurking in the forum for about a week.

Well checking the fuse box I noticed a couple of wires leading to it that were frayed or going to nowhere? Can you tell me where these wires are supposed to go? I'm assuming this is a PO's hack job and not factory...any ideas? (I will try to attach pic )

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Something from an old alarm, aftermarket lighting, or air horn maybe. Too small for an amplifier. In any case, I'd remove them.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts
Yes - remove them - after tracing them to the ends - and make sure the lug and terminal connections to that underhood fuse/relay box are clean and tight.

In order to prevent arcs and sparks you might want to disconnect the battery first. Your car has RAP - Retained Accessory Power - that supplies 12V to certain accessories for 10 minutes after key: OFF. Also, the 12V outlets ("cigarette lighter") fuses have 2 positions - one position, the outlets turn off with RAP; other position they're hot all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts