Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace coil packs on my Cadillac DHS 4.6 Northstar V-8. I noticed there are several different options and I know you usually get what you pay for.. does anyone know the reasoning in the wide range of prices on these coil packs, is one really that much better than the other? Even on the Deville DHS its not a race. But Please any feed back would be appreciated !

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,295 Posts
Both right and left (rear and front) cassettes are identical except for color. The ICMs are also identical.

Several different brands, all made by the same couple of companies. DELPHI, "AC Delco", UltraPower - all the same.

Dirt cheap at the junkyards. Inspect the individual high tension towers for discoloration and cracks around the boot terminal.

Replace all 8 boots with new and use a small smear of silicone dielectric ignition grease (dirt cheap at parts stores) in the tip and cassette end of each boot.

I have a couple of extra sets of DELPHI cassettes..........

coil-boot-plug 1.JPG
DSCN0192.jpg
DSCN0188.jpg
Spark plug boot and spring.JPG
2011-07-09_100054_carbon_tracking.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Omg thank you so much I have been driving myself crazy trying to f figure out a with a a U to go not only coils but plugs..cant thank you enough @(submariner409)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts