Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 CTS with the check engine light on. Car seems to be running fine. I have read that I should be able to view the codes via the navigation system. Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to access this:hmm: I have tried pressing the band + nav together but don't notice anything different.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
F1&F6, then scroll through the codes and you can reset them

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Not sure if the nav has the option.
You should read the code to find out the cause before just resetting it

·
Registered
CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, it does have navigation therfore, I dont have "F" keys. I read on some site that I needed to press the "band" and "nav" key simultainiously.... but maybe I'm missing something as I dont notice any info???

·
Registered
O.G. CTS Sport/Lux, V Grilles/Bumpers, sittin on 20's
273 Posts
Does anyone know how to reset Engine Lights W/O a DIC??

I have an aftermarket Radio and the check eingine light came on recently but everything seems fine... coudn't seem to find anything on in seaching the forums...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is there a way to manually reset, like disconnecting the battery or something?

·
Registered
Cadillac
71 Posts
i have an 05 navi unit in my 03, didnt know if maybe the later yrs 04-07 may have a way to reset rather than just the 03 nav unit?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,337 Posts
not sure exactly on the amount of time, but disconnecting the batttery will do it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ok so I know that disconnecting the battery resets the engine light, but it doesn't seem to work for the change OIL LIGHT...hmmmm

Someone told me that with their older caddy they reset it by leaving the key in without cranking the ignition and pressing the gas pedal 5 times they could reset it, but it doesnt seem to work either on the CTS, very annoying

Any ideas???

Again I have no DIC... After market radio...

Any Help is appreciated. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts