Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hit a deer while driving from my home in FL going through Texas on my way to San Diego to visit my sons during Christmas (runting season for deer). Luckily I suffered no major structural or mechanical damage and was able to continue driving the remaining 900 plus miles to my destination. Stopped in Fort Stockton for that night. Happened approximately 9:45 PM. I saw the deer enter the highway I-10 going from my right to left and figured PHEW he'll be gone by the time I get to his position and began slowing from 65mph in order to leave more space between the two of us. Suddenly the goof ball reverses course now running back across the highway from left to right and stops dead center in my lane just as I am closing on him. I thought for sure I had enough room to stop since I had already begun hitting the breaks. So I begin to swerve into the left hand lane trying to go behind him and he reverses course yet again! making impact a certainty. All I could think of was that was like some NFL running back making cuts trying to get through the line and yet... Wham! at first I thought I had stopped just in time but knew when I heard the thud there would be some damage. And of course the deer gets up looks back at me and bounds off as if to say "That's all you got?!!" LOL

When I arrived in SD my insurance co paid for the repairs which cost a grand total of 4366.23. Big ticket items in the repair New hood - 1052.12, new front bumper cover - 602.86, new grille - 428.48, and some molding strips - 152.65 hood latch - 129.00. They had to actually pull the driver side front metal radiator support forward as it had been bent slightly backwards.

1a.JPG 2a.JPG 3a.JPG 4a.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have collision insurance on the vehicle, your insurance should cover it (except for any deductible); after all, it is a collision regardless of the fact that it was wildlife rather than another vehicle. Check with your insurer before comitting to do-it-yourself.

·
Registered
122 Posts
@ Redcaddy83... Message me... I live in Clifton and am not an autobody guy but saved some money because parts I get a discount... I had a similar issue with my caddy and bought a bunch of parts at discount...

----------

Also call Lacey Auto in Newark, they had a few caddy's on their lot when I was getting parts... They don't have the caddy's anymore but they stock many parts... If they have anything you need let me know and I can get the price brought down with the one guy I dealt with...

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
rayrod354 said:
@ Redcaddy83... Message me... I live in Clifton and am not an autobody guy but saved some money because parts I get a discount... I had a similar issue with my caddy and bought a bunch of parts at discount...

----------

Also call Lacey Auto in Newark, they had a few caddy's on their lot when I was getting parts... They don't have the caddy's anymore but they stock many parts... If they have anything you need let me know and I can get the price brought down with the one guy I dealt with...
It's been almost 2 years since his posting. I'm pretty sure he's all set.

KOT

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Digging up this uber ZOMBIE thread was well worth re-reading the caption from OD. hillarious!

Custom Deer Intake Manifolds are good for at least 30 extra horsepower.

That said, damn man, that sucks but thats going to be expensive. Depending on the year and how much you paid, you'd be better off doin something else with it.
Here's a BMW who was traveling over 120 mph on the Autobond.

KOT

21 - 32 of 32 Posts