Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the hell can these be on national back order? Ive been waiting 2 weeks for both of mine to come in, since the idiots that built the car made sure every cts would have an oil leak! Any ideas on where to find some quicker?

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
do you watch the news? do you talk about the national economy with people at work/ school? have you heard about the unemployment rate skyrocket? did you hear the banks lost all their/your money?

the auto-industry just went through the worst crisis ever... when these global corporations are struggling to get by, what do you think happens to the little guy, the suppliers, they lay off their employees or close up shop all together... no suppliers= no parts
work is just starting to come back so the shops that are still around are picking up the pieces and getting production going again.

just be glad you car isnt trying to kill you like a Toyota. actually, be glad you have a job and a car that you can complain about waiting on a part for, because a lot of people lost everything.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Base and 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
549 Posts
How in the hell can these be on national back order? Ive been waiting 2 weeks for both of mine to come in, since the idiots that built the car made sure every cts would have an oil leak! Any ideas on where to find some quicker?
Try gmpartsdirect.com I had to get mine online. Also try a local Saturn dealer.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
Luke at Lindsay Cadillac had them in stock a lil while ago...

if you havent learned yet, your local stealership is probably overcharging you for those and they seem to take a lot longer to get them in...

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
yup, call Luke, also if you run a search you will find that some other gm car uses the exact same gasket under a different part number. it is for a buick i think. i done remember who it was but they found out the part number and compaired both gaskets and they are identical, also the buick one was much cheaper.

if the dealership orderes you the part have them use your vin number to reserve them, it speeds up the ordering process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts