Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a post about this a while back, but I can't seem to find it. I have an '03 CTS. A few weeks ago the battery went bad. It sat for a few days with a dead battery. When I replaced the battery, the theft system started acting funny. I have changed the batteries in the key remotes, I have disconnected and reconnected the battery, I have done everything I can think of. Right now the car is stuck with the key in the ignition and it won't come out of park. The display reads "SERVICE THEFT SYSTEM". It seems that something was going bad over time. The other day I was driving it and everything was fine, as I was driving down the highway, I got the "SERVICE THEFT SYSTEM" message, the traction control light came on, and the gas meter went to empty, lol. I was hoping to get some advice on this before I take it to the dealer, my warranty ran out a few months ago. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Monty

·
Registered
CTS
2 Posts
MONTY67T. do you remember what the dealership said the issue was when you took it in?
I am in the same situation. How much $$ am i looking at if i take it to the dealership?

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
MONTY67T. do you remember what the dealership said the issue was when you took it in?
I am in the same situation. How much $$ am i looking at if i take it to the dealership?
you could be waiting a while for an answer. monty67t has not logged in since February

sorry I broke the 1-year-apart posting pattern of this thread

·
Registered
cts 2005
3 Posts
I had this same problem also, it turned out that the ECU which is the computer went bad. For a new one from the dealership it would cost about $600 dollars and then they still need to program it for the vechicle and I think that is about $200.I bought a used one for about $250 and got it programed for $100 now it works like a dream.So goodluck at the dealer they can be pretty steep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts