Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving yesterday with a nearly full tank of gas and the car simply stalled just coming out of a turn. The check engine light did not come on and the only codes in the system were B2470 and B3832 which have to do with the cellular antenna and the driver side window, so I am assuming they are not related to the problem. I was able to stop the car and immediately restart it, so far the problem has only happened this once.

I have already had the CPS changed a while back, recently replaced the throttle body, and recently replaced the TCM. Not sure if this problem could be related to the ones I was having before with the "Reduced Engine Power" message. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
wow my man...you have me scratching my head...you have taken care of most of the simple problems that the 03 had, and yet you still are having issues...by any chance, did you have the computer reset at the dealership after you changed the TCM?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have not yet taken it to the dealership for them to reset the computer. I was told by the dealership that the computer is supposed to reset itself but they would be willing to do it if I had problems. Unfortunately it is a flat $100 fee for them to do anything and it kinda sucks to spend that money when in reality, it seems like they aren't really doing any work. But I am truly out of options.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
i know exactly what you are saying...it is a damn shame they can charge people that much to do absolutely nothing to your vehicle. if you do have that done, let us know if it corrects your problem...

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
And all they do is hook up the scan tool and press clear. Now that is a shame they charge so much for that. When in fact a cheap version of the scan tool costs that much. Ha ha

KOT

·
Registered
03cts 3.2 lux/sport navi borla dual k&n wldwhl clears
348 Posts
Dude, you should just go to a independent shop and have them do it for you for free.
I think amco will do it.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts