Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really REALLY need help, because at this point, we're stumped. We have an 03 CTS that had to have an engine rebuild. Now, I have a problem with the car overheating. I've replaced the thermostat, water pump, head gaskets, oil cooler, used the cap off my reservoir (I have the exact same car with no issues) and still having the car over heat to 270. I've flushed the radiator numerous times and still don't know whats going on. I ran a blue dye test and there is no exhaust in the reservoir. The fans are coming on and work. I'm not sure what else to do or check.

·
Registered
434 Posts
recent rebuild? take it back to who did it, unless you did it.

Double check the water pump. Got fluid flow? did you "burp" the cooling system? Can you feel the top rad hose hot and the bottom cool? Sounds like you have a clog somewhere from the rebuild.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We’re gonna go ahead and replace it. That’s pretty much all that’s left. I think they put the radiator in from the donor car because they broke the one that was in the car originally, and it was brand new 🤦🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
242 Posts
Radiators are pretty cheap on Ebay. Can't go wrong replacing it if you suspect that to be the issue. It's a pretty easy job luck-fully. Best of luck to you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
greenmachineiijh