Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
cts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to say hi and that i finally got a cts base model. it is a metalic beige with sunroof and 78k on the clock. something i have wanted and needed for the last 2 years. awesome body style. been driving a lifted tahoe, yeah around 10 mpg. and yes i have plans for it (cts). i dont want 5000hp. i want to keep it stock, well mostly. i plan to get duals through a local shop and some rims. maybe k&n. lots of stuff here to read. actually bought it last tuesday from an original owner. did oil change yesterday and checked all fluids. he had records saved from when he bought the car. just thought i would ask for any recomendations on anything and wanted to say hi.

sca_tt

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
welcome to the forum...

see if the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) has been changed out. this is a known problem for the 03 CTS

·
Registered
cts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am handy around the garage but without a manual i have no clue how to check the cps. i am sure it hasnt been this was a grandma car for 6 years. man i love to drive it. i had a 94 z28 no rev limiter and i havent had the cts topped out yet but there isnt much difference. i think it is 40 or 60hp. completely impressed with the v6, now i need to make it sound like a v8. some rims and a buff. i cant say how much i love to drive this car. although tomorrow i will be riding my bike, 2000 x1 buell. cant wait. thanks for the onbaord. ill be aorund. asking stupid questions and such. the only thing i am worried about is the electronics, i can do about any type of mechanical repair, but cmon, you need to almost be an engineer to figure this tuff out sometimes.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Change the crank position sensor, if you don't a $30 part can leave you stranded. Car won't start.
Watch for oil on your rocker covers, mine leaked and ran onto the
Exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts