Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
03 cts
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i fuel gauge reads empty so now i replaced the fuel pump and it still reads empty. i dont know what else to do. changed the gauge cluster and still doesnt work. any ideas what it could be? its frustrating me already cuz i gotta calculate when to pump gas! :banghead:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Did you clear the code(s) for fuel level sensor alert ..? If not, do the F1-F6 procedure. You'll prolly see the fuel guage move up as soon as you reset.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
4 Posts
hey i was just wondering, Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your gas gauge. I just bought my cts and after a few days i noticed that the gas gauge was acting funny. its like 1/4 tank off the right reading and it fluxuates alot. it say check the gas cap but its brand new and on tight. It also threw a CEL.
I was just wondering if this sounded similar and what was wrong with yours.

Thanks,

·
Registered
Cadillac
63 Posts
the 03-07 cts has two sending units for the fuel tank one in each tank ,each tank is under the floor of the front and rear seats. mine did the same thing, dealer replaced sending unit, drove it but still did it, took it back and finally the dealer realized that each tank after they replaced both everything was fine.

·
Registered
Cadillac
63 Posts
the 03-07 cts has two sending units for the fuel tank one in each tank ,each tank is under the floor of the front and rear seats. mine did the same thing, dealer replaced sending unit, drove it but still did it, took it back and finally the dealer realized that each tank after they replaced both everything was fine.EACH TANK RUNS ON EACH SIDE OF THE CAR RIGHT AND LEFT.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
fill it right to the top...there is a massive explanation on here somewhere how the fuel gauge works, but its basically showing a estimate of what may be in the car...also it has 1 tank with kind of 2 low spots and a tube that moves fuel back and forth to keep it somewhat level on both sides.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the 03-07 cts has two sending units for the fuel tank one in each tank ,each tank is under the floor of the front and rear seats. mine did the same thing, dealer replaced sending unit, drove it but still did it, took it back and finally the dealer realized that each tank after they replaced both everything was fine.
What did it cost for each side replacement of the sending unit parts and labor?

Cost?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
Welcome to CF !!! The member you quoted has not logged in for almost 5 years. Please look at thread and post dates for some idea of whether or not you'll receive an answer from a quote. Thanks.

Member info can be seen by clicking their avatar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts