Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP! Went to start this morning and when turned key on starter did not turn...checked battery seams OK. Dash lights on turn key lights dim and clock then resets...hold key hear relay click but not starter turn...battery??? Checked starter fuse under hood..looks OK can't really tell 30A square type..starter relay..maybe..any quick diagnosis ideas....HELP!!!

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
CPS---Crankshaft Position Sensor

inexpensive fix...you can buy this from your local parts store for @ $50 and do it yourself. if you need help with it then there are plenty people in here with experience doing it. or you could take it to your local mechanic and have them do it for under $100

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
If it didn't crank, I'd sugest the battery. If it cranks and won't start, i'd sugest the CPS. If you get a new battery, get one that is 800CCA or higher.

·
Registered
03 CTS
359 Posts
You can take your battery into most auto stores and they will check it to see if it is ok. I would start with that since it is the easiest and cheapest thing to do.
If it is the OEM battery it could be time to get a new one.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
1 Posts
Had similar problems with my 03 and thanks to all that have posted on this site I replaced my CPS yesterday and whew... my baby is back in action!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts