Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 2003
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving 15 minutes home from work, going about 60MPH, I parked my car. Then I heard a bubbling/boiling noise coming from behind the dash. Five minutes later, I opened the hood and removed my oil cap and found a lot of pale yellow gunk all over the oil cap and tube. The gunk smelled kinda burnt. Any ideas of what just happened?

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6, 2016 Malibu 1.5T
359 Posts
Im not as experienced as other members in this forum, but I will pitch in my idea based on what I have learned, It sounds like coolant found a way into your internals of your engine making oil and coolant mix, it might be a different issue than what I had, I had a blown head gasket that would overheat my car but I never had any yellow gunk on my oil cap simply because the coolant burned off in the cylinders.

advice don't keep running it like that or you will bust something else, I wrecked one engine, I take care of my replacement one now.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
147 Posts
Bubbling noise? Don't know. But the yellowish goop in oil fill tube... I was told it was the short trips I was doing, not allowing engine to get up to temp. Was also told that doing the PCV upgade for these 3.2 would also help. Did the upgrade and allow car to warm up untill heat was coming out vents has eliminated the yellowish goop.

·
Registered
CTS 2003
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't done the PCV upgrade yet, but I usually let it warm up for 5 minutes, then drive 15 minutes. Is that not enough time? I will check my coolant and see if it is low. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
CTS 2003
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove my car today, andddddd it started smoking really bad. Oil was all over the left side of the engine and it was leaving a trail. From the research I did, the PCV may be plugged from the moisture turned to ice, and blown a valve cover gasket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts