Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My air conditioner gave out yesterday. I took it to my Cadillac dealer and he advised that the parts are on a 5 day back order nation wide. Is anyone else having air problems with the 03 air conditioner?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still havn't received my car back from the cadillac dealership so I don't know what went wrong yet. The air conditioner just stopped working all of a sudden and it wouldn't allow me to turn it back on. Also at this same time when I would shift from park into reverse, the transmission would slam into gear. Cadillac decided that it should be towed to their shop but the good news is that they gave me a 2006 Cadillac DTS as a loaner. I can eeke by with this car.

Its also interesting to note that I used Onstar to check on the problems with my CTS and they were right on the money with their evaulation. It was also their suggestion to have the car towed.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
'03 CTS 3.2

Climat control gave out. Airconditioner pump lost its sealing.
Pump is on backorder for 3 months now... i guess it's a problem that occurs more...

·
Registered
300 Posts
These cars eat AC compressors on a regular basis, as well as the SRX--poor design, who knows... I change a lot of them, though...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I've had my 03 since June and no major problems yet. Man, dont jinx me now....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OK, Cadillac replaced a faulty ECM (Computer) and also replaced a A/C Pressure Switch.
The car now runs great and the air works great.
Thanks to the Cadillac Warranty because the total for the above two parts would have run approx. $400.
The rub here is that when Cadillac drove my car out to me, I found that either the wrecker driver or someone at Cadillac had damaged both the front and rear bumpers to the tune of approx. $450. Cadillac said that they were sorry and had me take it immediatly to their body shop for a free repair and another two days without my car.
I am very satisfied with the attention that I am getting from Cadillac but it would have been a nice touch if they would have offered me a free oil change or something else for the additional two days without my car. Customers tend to remember touches like that, especially when it was them who damaged my car..

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Well, after 3 months of waiting I finally could have my airconditioner pump replaced. But... the bearing of the pump gave out earlier and made a grinding noise. I actually had an appointment for Monday, but I had to drive it to the garage this morning. The bearing got so hot that it was smoking!!! It felt really bad to drive an impressing car with a grinding noise and smoke like that!

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
And another thing: is it normal Cadillac policy to not hand out a loaner car if your Caddy gets repaired from a waranty item? Or is it just a European thing? I am so pissed off that I actually had to pay for a loaner and to keep it cheap I rented an Opel Corsa... if you know what it is?

I am going to write a letter to Cadillac Europe! Even the car dealer called them up as he aggreed with me that he couldn't give me a loaner...

I guess that's the turn back of being only one of a few hundred CTS drivers in Europe...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
according to the dealers around me...if you buy new they will supply you with a complimentary loaner. me, buying a certified pre-owned, was not up to that option. on the other hand, my dealer graciously offers a shuttle to wherever i need to be. since it's a loaded deville and you get driven around, you feel like a pimp...can't complain...

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
No chuttle for me...

This is what I got now... rented!

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
By the way, looks familiar?

Yeah, it's actually the Sheep under the Wolfs clothing. The original Catera was a pumped up Opel Omega... some nostalgia aigh?

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Well, I got my car back today and it sounds all nice and quiet again! I am soooooo happy! And I am cool(ed) again!

·
Banned
14 Posts
TripleOught said:
according to the dealers around me...if you buy new they will supply you with a complimentary loaner. me, buying a certified pre-owned, was not up to that option. on the other hand, my dealer graciously offers a shuttle to wherever i need to be. since it's a loaded deville and you get driven around, you feel like a pimp...can't complain...
I have a certified pre-owned and I've been given complimentary loaners. I had to have a shock absorber replaced and was given a Deville loaner. A few weeks later I had to have the other side's shock absorber replaced. I couldn't get back to the Cadillac dealership so I took it to a Chevrolet dealership and was given a Pontiac loaner. Don't let them dick you around - if it's a warrenty repair you should get a loaner.

·
Premium Member
28,943 Posts
The only thing that the local dealer provides is a smile and a handshake. He has a rattletrap Chevy van for a shuttle or he will arrange for a rental car that you pay for. He is under no obligation other than his conscience to provide a loaner. Since my dealer is a sociopath I am stuck.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I am wondering (again. I am so curious by nature...) wether the compressor that has been replaced is an improved one or is likely to have the same problems in the future. Of course, when the waranty gone :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts