Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dubya said:
mike i soooo hope your kidding about hanging with that amg, it would be like a 2.5L clebrity trying to hang with you. no offense, youve got a quick ride, but that cars like 5 leagues away from you.....

id take the merc over a z06 any day, then sell it, buy a zo6 and a bunch of other cars :D
Come on guys, no faith? :yup: ... the E55 runs in the low 13s, I know for a fact that Northstars can run high 13s. with mods..and i think with a bottle...still my ass would be handed to me :crybaby:

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
You may be thinking of the pre-'03 E55's, the '03 pulled a 12.5 in almost every magazine road test

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Both are mean cars. Still it would be nice if they went to the track for official times.

·
Registered
377 Posts
right now your cars sittin at about a 14.9-15.0. with a full exhaust and intake id say you'd be around 14.5-14.6. a STS running high 13's without forced induction/a bottle is a VERY rare and hard to do thing. the one guy who did it says he has to run race gas because 93 isn't a high enough octane. probably some DR's too (drag radials)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok I have driven every 55 series mercedes. ABSOLUTELY wonderful cars, nearly perfect. the SL is much more fun to drive, seems a LITTLE bit faster because of weight and better traction (bigger tires i think?) but the e-55 is WICKED fast, it will make you smile and your heart race. traction is a problem even with ESP on!

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you think this car is fast... Just wait till the CL65 AMG comes here.... 612HP Twin Turbo V12..... This is the car to compare everything else against.... Mercedes has put the nail in the coffin with this car... Its beyond wicked fast and can even get to 800HP with just an ECM upgrade. Just cant wait till these things ara about 6 years old and lose 3/4 of their value as mercedes do... This is the car to have!

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
You guys aren't giving that Benz much credit. 469 horse, 516 torque as I recall. They are good for 12.3 1/4 mile passes right from the factory... The Cobra was going to have its work cut out for it even on a good launch.

·
Registered
377 Posts
whats going on with benz anyway? not that im complaining but they seem like there on a power trip lately. they must be making some seriously solid cars to be able to warranty those things. GM could easily make cars with that kind of power, but never be able to stand behind it, especially the transmission

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
Dubya, you're right, Benz has been on a power trip. Basically, they've been trying to unseat BMW from the sporty segment of the market. However, being unable to match the handling of BMW so far, they've taken the American approach. Brute f'in power. You can consider this a demonstration of Chryslers influence on their addition. And don't complain Dub. Hopefully it'll cross over to GM, and they'll get off their sorry asses. Ford and Dodge have been stomping GM as of late.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Street tires on that corba is not doing it any justice.

That AMG Benz it the s***. It looks like a grocery getter but packed with 460hp... :histeric:

The SL55 AMG has like 490hp..wow. That modded Cobra is cool and is fast from the factory but it can't touch the Benz.

I think the the new M5 could show that E55 a thing or too though.. ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
the vid says both are on drag radials

thats some insane power, id laugh if scott cook pulled up next to jesus in his stock looking ssei that runs 11's and just burn him! hehehe! sleepers rule!

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
You guys are treating this e55 like its something. Just wait till the new M5 comes out or even the new M6 and then I wanna see a video with those against the Merc. I wish I could have all three cars though. Dreams are good to have every once in a while.

·
Registered
158 Posts
the Sandman said:
These guys discuss the race and the cars at the FuelSlut Forums.

While I agree with some of what's been said here, I disagree with calling this "drag racing". This is street racing. On street tires, things change quite a bit. However, the car that wins...wins. No excuses. Believe me, Syclone/Tyhoon owners hear this all the time - "my car is a 10 sec car on slicks at the track". But on the street we eat them up. No excuses! If these cars are better suited to drag racing on slicks at the track then they shouldn't street race.
Sandman you are the man you have a Syclone and a Typhoon. I agree with what you say anyone can brag about a perfect time they got in perfect conditions. I love the Typhoon/Syclone becasue they can do it in all kinds of weather all day long. I learned my lesson I raced a Typhoon when I had my modded Thunderbird Super coupe I thought I would kill him....not he hooked up and handed me my ass. As for this race the E55 is all computer it can alter timing/boost shifting and everything on the fly unknown to the driver to beat this car you would need a high powered auto car with huge tires or an awd terror.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts