Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'00 DeVille
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '00 Deville with only cassette player. I wanted to put another stock unit in for the time being. Would the cd player work from a 2002-2005 Deville. Also If I were to put the Navigation from an '02-'05 would that work as well?

I'd put in the Pioneer Premier HU I've already got, but I was told it's a bitch to install into the DeVille. If not, I'll just install that. I'm planning on going with the Indash touchscreen doubledin Pioneer Navigation in the future.
Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 SRX
42 Posts
As long as it's a base radio, I think it should work. You might want to check on e-bay, there are generally several radios listed for your year of DeVille, with info on interchangeability, as well as photos of the back of the radio so you can compare connectors. Some of the more advanced radios in these years with the Bose option have the "Theftlock" system. This requires the dealer to reset the code for the replacement radio to match the VIN of your car. My local dealer charged $95.00 for this "adjustment" when I replaced the broken Bose unit in my 2001 DTS with an identical one off of e-bay. Sorry, I have no info on the navigation system.

·
Registered
'00 DeVille
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's alot for the "adjustment". I've been checking ebay, that's also when I found the Navigation. I just didn't want to buy it and it not work though. Man, maybe I'll check with my local Cadillac dealership before I buy on to see how much it actually is to do the adjustment there. I don't really wanna pay around 80 for the radio and another 80-100 for the adjustment, when I've got a perfectly good Pioneer radio. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would stay away from any other GM radio that has the RDS logo. I think that is what Terry Lange is talking about. Aftermarket is great but I hate having to worry about theft. I guess I am over protective after I had an Alpine stolen in the middle of the afternoon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts