Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 1998 STS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, did everything possible and was advices by 4 other mechanics that they're leaning towards the PCM. I was wondering where the PCM is and if it has to be programmed by the dealer or I can just swap it out with another ????

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
2002cadilade said:
Well, did everything possible and was advices by 4 other mechanics that they're leaning towards the PCM. I was wondering where the PCM is and if it has to be programmed by the dealer or I can just swap it out with another ????
I had to have mine swapped due to complete failure you will find it near your power steering pump call autozone and give them both the vin and exact mileage to get a price quote on a replacement,

You will find the PCM under a black plastic cover to the right of the power steering (view angle is looking at it from the front)and I think there is some screws remove those and it should be free then you just disconnect the old and connect the new one.

Sorry I can't go into this on more detail but glad it has failed completely mine did and luckily I was in a parking lot and not the interstate (I noticed my throttle lagged a bit before the computer failed.
P.s this ended up with my truck at my local dealer for a week which sucked.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 1998 STS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hello, no luck!!! Took the car too the dealer and before they even worked on it I told them what was wrong with it and they said that it doesn't need the PCM but the bcm, that that's why im not able to read the Codes with the code reader... Now I really think it is the issue because one thing I noticed today that my Rear climate control fan didn't work and while I was coming back from the dealer all of the sudden wheny truck was running fine it worked!!! Now correct me if I'm wrong but the bcm is the one that controls that Because that happen to me on my 96 deville but that one wouldn't even turn on...what do you guys think???

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
2002cadilade said:
Hello, no luck!!! Took the car too the dealer and before they even worked on it I told them what was wrong with it and they said that it doesn't need the PCM but the bcm, that that's why im not able to read the Codes with the code reader... Now I really think it is the issue because one thing I noticed today that my Rear climate control fan didn't work and while I was coming back from the dealer all of the sudden wheny truck was running fine it worked!!! Now correct me if I'm wrong but the bcm is the one that controls that Because that happen to me on my 96 deville but that one wouldn't even turn on...what do you guys think???
I'd say it is the body control module as it interfaces with all of the modules in the cab of the truck everything from the dash to the rear air system is controlled by the body control module
(I had experience with this and it ain't fun it was my previous car and everything would go crazy because of it)

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 1998 STS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Now by me getting the new BCM, does this too have to be programmed by the dealer?? or can I just swap it out and but one from a different same year escalade??

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
2002cadilade said:
Now by me getting the new BCM, does this too have to be programmed by the dealer?? or can I just swap it out and but one from a different same year escalade??
Just swapping it out won't do the trick it has to be programmed to the truck as it and the PCM both carry the vin

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV
7 Posts
Any update on this? I have the same issue with the OBD not reading and some rough idle, etc... Did you replace the PCM? BCM? Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Othniel13 said:
Any update on this? I have the same issue with the OBD not reading and some rough idle, etc... Did you replace the PCM? BCM? Any info appreciated.
Sometimes the PCM can bring the whole network in the truck down.

·
Registered
EXT
1 Posts
if you cant read your DTC's fro your cadillac chances are you may need to replace your cigarette lighter fuse in the engine compartment fuse block. further more you may have a bad o2 sensor on bank 1 (which regulates how much fuel that goes to your engine) the other possibility is your egr sticks open when it should close.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts