Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac escalade 2002
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 escalade 6.0 v8 and the rpm stays at under 500 -450 when i start in parking,,and if i put in drive it goes even lower 400,,and if ac is on then goes to 300-350 and the motor wants to die !,,,what i should do ? is there any adjustments on the fuel injection to get the rpm up to proably 600 i think is normal?? 650?,,,i called somewhere and they told me that to drop in the fuel tank some of that staff for injectors cleaner,,i did and nothing drived one monts,,,and no results,,, i have 105k miles on it,,, any advice,,,thanks

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Start by cleaning the throttle bore and plate. Carbon buildup will restrict air flow. If you have no S.E.S. light, this is most likely your problem.

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Sounds like a dirty throttle body to me too. Do a search and you should get good info on how to clean it.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
I know with Harley's when that happens you clean up everything like the threads above say. If that doesn't work you need to have your ecm flashed.

·
Registered
Cadillac escalade 2002
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Start by cleaning the throttle bore and plate. Carbon buildup will restrict air flow. If you have no S.E.S. light, this is most likely your problem.
no light,,it looks that i have"" poweraid throttle body spacer""( http://www.airaidsales.com/AIRAID-Throttle-Body-Spacers/7/CADILLAC/ESCALADE/82/02-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-V8-6.0-AIRAID-Throttle-Body-Spacer/airaid.html) also i have this air take(http://www.volantperformance.com/product_intake.asp?TypeField=Cadillac)
is there a guide step by step how to clean this things? thanks for any help...

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
It's very easy. Go buy yourself a couple of cans of fuel injection throttle body cleaner at any auto parts store. I don't know if TB cleaner any different than carburator cleaner, but it seems to be made for fuel injected vehicles. With the vehicle turned off: Remove the air intake tube from the front of the throttle bodyand expose the (iI call it) butterfly valve.

I used a soft rag and stuffed behind the butterfly valve to prevent material and overspray from going in to the intake. And I used a second rag to stuff under the valve to keep it open, but a second set of hands would work better. Better yet, have someone push the gas pedal to the floor while you're working. Then spray the heck out of the opening of the throttle body. Some of the more caked on stuff can be loostened by rubbing with your finger, or a soft toothbrush. Pay careful attention to the pivot points of the valve and the areas that make a seal.

Its also worth the time to check the pcv valve. I dumped a can of Sea Foam down the vaccum line to the pcv system when I cleaned my TB and the Lade ran like new. The Sea Foam will remove any carbon build up from the inside of the intake. Rough/low idle gone.

Oh yeah....don't forget to remove the rags and reinstall the air intake when you're done. :D

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Which vacuum line is it for the Sea Foam? I wanted to run a can when I was changing plugs, wires, and cleaning the throttle body but I didn't know where it was.

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
It's very easy. Go buy yourself a couple of cans of fuel injection throttle body cleaner at any auto parts store. I don't know if TB cleaner any different than carburator cleaner, but it seems to be made for fuel injected vehicles. With the vehicle turned off: Remove the air intake tube from the front of the throttle bodyand expose the (iI call it) butterfly valve.

I used a soft rag and stuffed behind the butterfly valve to prevent material and overspray from going in to the intake. And I used a second rag to stuff under the valve to keep it open, but a second set of hands would work better. Better yet, have someone push the gas pedal to the floor while you're working. Then spray the heck out of the opening of the throttle body. Some of the more caked on stuff can be loostened by rubbing with your finger, or a soft toothbrush. Pay careful attention to the pivot points of the valve and the areas that make a seal.

Its also worth the time to check the pcv valve. I dumped a can of Sea Foam down the vaccum line to the pcv system when I cleaned my TB and the Lade ran like new. The Sea Foam will remove any carbon build up from the inside of the intake. Rough/low idle gone.

Oh yeah....don't forget to remove the rags and reinstall the air intake when you're done. :D
Great info! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Which vacuum line is it for the Sea Foam? I wanted to run a can when I was changing plugs, wires, and cleaning the throttle body but I didn't know where it was.
PCV system IIRC. Just unplug the line, which IIRC is on the top & back of the driver's side valve cover. You can try to pour the Sea Foam into the valve cover, or just use the vaccum line to suck it right out of the can. The engine will sputter like hell and should die after a few seconds. If the engine doesn't die after say...10 seconds, I turn the ignition off and follow the rest of the instructions on the can.

Sea Foam is the best stuff on the market. Dump a can into the crankcase/oil-fill a couple of days before you get your oil changed. I also would dump a can into the fuel tank every so often to clean injectors. A little dab of Sea Foam behind the ears also makes a great cologne. :p

·
Registered
Cadillac escalade 2002
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks ,,for that info,,i will give it a try,, this forum#1,,thanks
i will post after job done with results,,thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts