Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I am new to the forum, having just purchased an 02 Eldorado. Looking for a raingutter to do the job that ventvisors typically do on other models. I havent been able to find anything newer than 76.Any ideas? . RKE Transmitter #2 not working with a new battery. Can I program this second transmitter without a trip to the dealer and their scan tool. Thanks-saltr

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
98+ require tech2 (dealer tool) to program

and no one makes rain gutters for our cars windows

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,623 Posts
A decent dealer will re-program the RKE for you at no charge if you have built up any sort of relationship with them.

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Yes - vent visors (as I have on the Deville and the Caprice Wagon) usually attach either up inside the window frame (a la Deville) or along the outside of the window frame itself (a la Caprice). With frameless windows such as we "enjoy" on the Eldo, there is no readily apparent solution.

This is an annoyance not just for smokers - with the windows cracked any more than about 1/4" , any moisture sliding off the windshield (a la W/W fluid) or rolling off the roof (a la rain..) comes in the window opening and drenches the armrest with all of its' nice electronic components like door switches, mirror switches, etc etc.

I'd even investigate the route of installing deflectors along the slanted A-pillar that would 'wing out' and deflect water from the window openings. If only some really good quality fabricators would pick up on this idea, I'd share the patent with them. Picture a thin strip of body-color material, normally flush into the A-pillar from just below the mirror to just below where it straightens out to parallel the roof line...two small hydralic arms would operate to open the panels on command and they'd deflect the air stream outwards enough to clear the door opening. Press the button again, and they fold back into the A-pillar....

98% of every late model Eldo owner, and anyone else with frameless windows, would be a potential market.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
To have the RKE transmitters reprogrammed is about ~$70 at any GM dealer. Not too terribly expensive.
And if I'm not mistaken, they have to be done at a GM dealer because only they have the necessary tools to get it done.

Anyways, welcome and enjoy your stay!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts