Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 02 DTS new in Feb. 2002. Great car, never babied. Didn't expect to keep it this long, but it kept running and I liked it. Only 2 big fails: fuel pump at 95k miles and TCC (P0741) at 99k. Most everything else was fixable DIY. But underside is highly rusted, thanks to the liquid salt used here. 159k now. Just traded in on factory-ordered XT4 (retired so fewer miles and want AWD); delivery in 8 weeks. I know, smarter to buy used than eat depreciation, but I don't exactly do this often. Looking forward to new gizmos like adaptive cruise and CarPlay. Expect to go electric in 4-5 years, with improving battery range.

Learned a lot from CF and really enjoy coming here. Also have a 70 Cougar XR7 convertible 351 Cleveland, bought new, and have always done the mechanical work on it. 93k now and runs good. Its major rust was worth repairing, done by a pro. The DTS just wouldn't be worth it.

My thanks to those who helped me out, especially Ranger and a set of his "rods" that stopped my engine mounts from failing! I tried to pitch in where I knew a problem. I'll still hang around the Deville page and for the XT4. Best wishes to all, Fitz.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It should go without saying; get the new one undercoated by a good undercoating shop and make sure they actually take all the wheels off and do the inside of the wheel wells as well.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Sad to hear cancer got it...looking forward to seeing the XT4. I am not a hug fan of the crossover concept but Cadillac can build one I would buy!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sad to hear cancer got it...looking forward to seeing the XT4. I am not a hug fan of the crossover concept but Cadillac can build one I would buy!
I looked at a used one and for less than $15k I was impressed with what it was. With inflation the cost of my '91 new would have been crazy in today's prices but then again it had all domestically made parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
91FleetwoodCoupe