Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Seville / 92 Sedan Deville / 02 Deville / 08 DTS <--Current
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope you can help me with this one? My car stalled the past couple time I drove it. It starts right back up but today merging on the parkway I gave her gas and it sounded like the engine was gona quit but it half stalled/sputtered lost all power then it came back and was running fine? Check engine light came on and I pulled the code it's PCM P0385. I read something on here that suggests the CKP sensors may need replaced? Is this correct and what's involved labor/money wise. Thanks, Sam

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,278 Posts
Re: 02 deville PCM P0385 and engine stall

Hey guys hope you can help me with this one? My car stalled the past couple time I drove it. It starts right back up but today merging on the parkway I gave her gas and it sounded like the engine was gona quit but it half stalled/sputtered lost all power then it came back and was running fine? Check engine light came on and I pulled the code it's PCM P0385. I read something on here that suggests the CKP sensors may need replaced? Is this correct and what's involved labor/money wise. Thanks, Sam
===================================
the original CKP - crankshaft position sensors - were KNOWN to fail -
not a question IF they would fail -
but WHEN they will fail -

the replacement parts are:
ACDelco 213-1578 - $34.44 - with free shipping -
http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-213-1578-Original-Equipment-Crankshaft/dp/B000C9JORO/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A30UAHS71NDWIQ -
and -
ACDelco 213-1579 - $40.00 - with free shipping -
http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-213-1579-Original-Equipment-Crankshaft/dp/B000C9HW00/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A11LEJUKDF2NKE

------------------

as far as labor goes -
it is not an impossible DIY project -

an independent shop might charge 1 1/2 hours labor -

----------------------

the dealer would charge a left arm - or your first born -

·
Registered
91 Seville / 92 Sedan Deville / 02 Deville / 08 DTS <--Current
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Basscatt!!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,495 Posts
Re: 02 deville PCM P0385 and engine stall

Here you go - drop the lower air deflector, remove the oil filter adapter. Tight work with a 10mm wobble socket - double-locked electrical connectors. Get the CKPs made in Japan by DENSO - the old, rotten ones were made in Mexico by Siemens.

More info in Tech Tips or Google "cadillac forums northstar engine ckp replacement"

Newer models - your 2002 - use 2 different CKPs that will fit only one hole one way.

Click a thumbnail to enlarge, use your browser <-- to back out ..........

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts