Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
02 deville
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm a complete newbie and probably should not have undertaken this project, but I did and hear I am. I have bought an amp and sub in a box from amazon amd an install kit. I need someone to give me idiot proof step 1 find this color wire here and do this instructions. I am apparently not able to follow the instructions I have seen yet , because they all seem to assume some level of familiarity with Amps and subs. Can someone help me out? Please!!!???

·
Registered
1985 Fleetwood 75
345 Posts
If you are connecting the Sub and amp into the stock radio and speakers you will first need to add in a level translator or high input to low output to feed your sub amp from rear speak output wires from head unit.. this unit will be like an electronic crossover. have high level input and sub and normal outputs low level to feed amps.
Your amp may have a low pass filter to just amplify from 30hz to say 100 Hz depend how big your subs are. Properly installed you would then have a second amp from same crossover to feed your rear speakers with the frequency from 100hz up to 20khz and set up electronic crossover for sub output and normal speaker output. your input would be the rear speaker output from the head unit.
if you have sub working as well as rear speakers working same frequencies you may get crossover problems and sound cancellations depending on speaker locations. Look for electronic crossover with sub output and high level inputs
You can then fade front rear with head unit then adjust your sub gain to compensate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts