Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to the forum, a converted Lincoln owner... In the last couple of days my air conditioning will either not work at all, or take several minutes to turn on. The compressor is on, just the blower doesn't fire up. I've tried all modes, i.e. auto and manual. Tried changing the temp, turning air on and off, outlet redirection, basically every switch on the HVAC console. Our temps have been peaking above 100 for the last few days and thought it could be related to the under hood temp. Everything seems to be working fine, other than the blower. I've seen posts that the control module for this is integrated with the blower and the blower is a bear to replace on this year of the deville. Can someone give me a clue on this?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,969 Posts
Sounds like a bad blower to me. The blower is under the dash on the passenger side, not under the hood as in older models.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick reply. I forgot to mention that I checked and it wasn't throwing any codes. Glad to hear it's on not under the hood, I think. Is swapping this out a bear? I did some preliminary looking around and couldn't find any local parts store that carry this blower motor. Is this a dealer only item?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts