Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am missing a fuse in my electrical fuse box. It is a 30A fuse and on the label it says Air. I just noticed that this wasn't there today when I trying to find a reason why my AC stopped working. I am unsure how it became missing, probably stupid question but what is it for and is it necessary?

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
Hello, and :welcome:

The fuse lable AIR is for the secondary air injection (AIR) pump. Your vehicle is not equipped with this system. If it was, and your fuse was missing, the AIR pump would not operate, your check engine lamp would be ON, and DTC P0410 would be set.

So, no worries here, keep on :burn:

As far as your A/C not working, make sure you have a good connection and the A/C compressor and there is full charge in the A/C system. There's a couple of sensors in the system that will disable A/C compressor operation if they detect a low charge or too high of a pressure.
Here's a quick check start the engine and turn on the A/C, if the compressor is not engaged, put a test 12v lamp across the compressor connector, it should illuminate brightly. If it does not then check for the above conditions. If it does illuminate, then the compressor coil maybe open or the gap between the clutch and pulley is too large.

Good luck, keep us posted on your A/C problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts