Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what wiring harness to buy to bypass the bose amp. I am doing a Double Din conversion on a 02 escalade and I thought all i would need is a Amp Integration Module to work with the bose amp but I have been to 2 shops and they tell me that I need a bose bypass wiring harness to connect to the connectors that come off the bose amp and bring the wires back up to the dash where the DVD player is going to go but I cant figure out what wiring harness i need for the life of me. I was in the shop when a guy i know called someone about my truck and asked him what I needed and the guy he talked to said this piece is about 80 dollars. The only harnesses I have found are like 30-40. The amp integration kits are like 80 but apparently I cant use one of those he didnt go into much detail why I think because even he doesnt really know but his buddy on the phone said I cant use an amp integration module because it has an RPO code Y91 and i guess that 02 with that RPO code you have to bypass the bose completely. which is once again very weird and makes no sense to me. anyone that can answer any of these questions or statements that were meant to be questions mainly what harness I need to bypass the amp and hook into the connectors that come off the amp then go up to where the radio goes would be appreciated. Also I need to know where my amp is I have been told under the center console which makes sense because I get a humming sound from under there whenever the truck was on and the radio was on but then i was on metra's website metraonline.com and it said the 02 with RPO code Y91 my amp is in the drivers side back panel next to the factory sub. I am going to check under the console tomorrow my stereo guy said to pull up my cup holders and look in the hole for the amp or a huge wiring harness. I will also post pics of the double din all done and if people want I can post pictures and instructions of how i did it it was fairly easy with a dash bezel and radio cage out of an 03 and up. along with some trimming of some pieces on the radio cage and the plastic on the dash to make the heat controls sit lower with the dremel along with spacing them out so they sit in the 03 bezel good enough there is no way to make it perfect it is a bigger opening on the 03 bezel so you have to make it fit the best way you want. and the controls were wider so i had to sand down one side of the plastic housing carefully. There is more but I can make a post with pictures if members want to know the easiest way to do it. I looked all over and never found anything on a 02 DD conversion using the 03 dash bezel.

·
Registered
Cadillac
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for the answers and the link. I have already looked at PAC,Metra and scosche i think im just looking at the wrong thing I dont need the interface I need a bypass harness. Also i will post pics when it is done.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Unsure if an actual bypass harness exist, i usually just locate the speaker wires at the amp and run them up to the stereo

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
wesyder said:
Unsure if an actual bypass harness exist, i usually just locate the speaker wires at the amp and run them up to the stereo
There is one that I know allows you to remove the amp but I am unsure if it's for the 02 or the 03+

It's possible to bypass the amp but it does the chimes

·
Registered
Cadillac
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i finally got my double din DVD player installed in my 02 and as promised I have a picture of it. I can take more if you want to see more. Everything was out of a 2003 and up vehicle. Dash bezel from an 03 escalade that fit perfect. Radio cage out of an 03 chevy truck i found at a junkyard. Everything looks like it was meant to be there I have one thing left to do and that is space out my heater controls to fill the gap you will see in the pic. I also had a switch put in to override the parking brake because without it you cant even access the apps in pioneers app mode.

FullSizeRender.jpg

·
Registered
Cadillac
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bypassing the bose amp and just using the amp in the deck is so much better the audio is cleaner and the radio is way louder its the best decision i ever made getting rid of the bose amp. I had a sound coming from under my center console that is gone now. I had what i thought were a blown tweeter and a door speaker and it was just the amp also i had a humming noise coming out of the passenger door speaker that is also gone. Just clean clear sounding music now bypassing that amp was the best thing I did. I still have all my chimes and parking assist. Just no onstar but i never used it anyways so i didnt care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts