Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
01 STS & 84 Eldorado
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled up with gas on the way to work . Restarted with difficulty and drove on to work . Started right up after work and drove 50 miles and shut off at a convenience store . Got back in turned the switch nothing . Lights on dash go out but will not crank over at all . Can crank engine by holding in start relay but engine does not hit at all . Checked battery connections and recharged to no avail . Pulled codes U1000,U1255,U1192,U1016,U1040, B1004,B1652,B1805,B3832 & 33,C0710,P0340,P0440 . Fuel pressure is a little over 40psi and the fuel pump seems to run continuously . Oh yes found the cam sensor connector off . Reconnected cleared codes and still no crank . Service Electrical and Theft something or the other flashes across when the switch is turned on . Also I found the valet switch in the on position when all of this happened . It is now off . Any suggestions for Bob . This is an 03 engine that I installed by my lonesome so I am not completely handicapped . Maybe a little . Can you help ? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
Codes are meaningless without their definitions, but you have an awful lot of U codes.
There is a link to the code definitions in the DTC Sticky.

How recent was the engine swap?

·
Registered
01 STS & 84 Eldorado
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine swap was a year ago . Didn't drive it a lot for fear of deer and other calamities back & forth to work . The codes are mostly loss of communication class 2 , Loss of KAM & ignition switch problem . The car was running great barring an occassional hard start .

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,507 Posts
Something has tripped the vehicle and content theft system as well as TheftLock. You'll never start the engine until that is diagnosed - theft attempts or multiple unsuccessful cranking/no start attempts disables the injectors and/or the ignition systems.

It can be as simple as a faulty wiring connector or as involved as a complete checkout of the vehicle's original sound system - that is part of the theft systems, serial data bus and is the TheftLock system. The original head unit is programmed for THAT car - mess with it incorrectly and you open all sorts of problems.

Wiring connector - all engine harness connectors. These cars "think" someone is fooling with the ignition or start systems incorrectly and they go to sleep.

·
Registered
01 STS & 84 Eldorado
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply . Apparently I have tripped the Theftlock system . How do I go about having it reprogrammed ? Do I need to remove the ECM and take it to a GM TECH along with the VIN # to be reflashed ? What's the next step ?

·
Registered
01 STS & 84 Eldorado
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay Ranger here are the codes along with the definitions . These codes are either stored as history or they activated each time the switch is turned on . I have cleared these codes but they are always there when I scan the system . Also my radio , AC & other power accessories all work . Any ideas on how to remedy this ? I have read threads through out the history hoping to find a solution . You guys are the experts and have seen or at least heard it all . By the way i pulled all the fuses and checked them with a meter for continuity . Thanks for your help !
U1000 Class 2 Communication Malfunction
U1016 Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM
U1040 Loss of Class 2 Communications with ABS
U1192 Loss of VTD Class 2 Serial Data Com
U1255 Class 2 Communication Malfunction
B1004 Keep Alive Memory (KAM)
B1652 Loss of Keep Alive Memory (KAM)
B1805 Ignition Switch Problem
B 3832 & 33 Loss of window position sensor
C0710 Steering Position Signal Malfunction

----------

Submariner 409 , Heres the latest that I shared with Ranger .
Here are the codes along with the definitions . These codes are either stored as history or they activated each time the switch is turned on . I have cleared these codes but they are always there when I scan the system . Also my radio , AC & other power accessories all work . Any ideas on how to remedy this ? I have read threads through out the history hoping to find a solution . You guys are the experts and have seen or at least heard it all . By the way i pulled all the fuses and checked them with a meter for continuity . Thanks for your help !
U1000 Class 2 Communication Malfunction
U1016 Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM
U1040 Loss of Class 2 Communications with ABS
U1192 Loss of VTD Class 2 Serial Data Com
U1255 Class 2 Communication Malfunction
B1004 Keep Alive Memory (KAM)
B1652 Loss of Keep Alive Memory (KAM)
B1805 Ignition Switch Problem
B 3832 & 33 Loss of window position sensor
C0710 Steering Position Signal Malfunction

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
Like I said earlier, you have a LOT of memory and com problems. Way beyond me.
You're really gonna need a FSM or a subscription to alldata and start chasing these codes down one at a time or looking for a common denominator.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
All those are history? If you clear the codes the go current for at least one ignition cycle...
Are you getting data from all units or do you get a NO DATA from anything when pulling codes?

·
Registered
01 STS & 84 Eldorado
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting data from everything . Cleared all codes but these repeat . Thanks . I will post any progress with hopes that help someone else in the future !

·
Registered
01 STS & 84 Eldorado
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Battery reading 12.5 volts w/switch on . I have found that something is triggering the theftlock mode and when it does all of these code are also triggered . I found out how to reprogram the system by googling Passkey111 reset .
Passkey III – transponder ignition key
The Passkey III anti-theft system uses a transponder inside the head of the ignition key. The exciter inside the ignition lock cylinder energizes this transponder when the ignition switch is turned on. The transponder transmits a unique signature to the theft deterrent control module. If the key signature transmitted is acceptable to the theft deterrent control module, the theft deterrent control module will transmit fuel enable password to the PCM. If the fuel enable password is correct, the PCM will start the vehicle.
To perform a relearn on a Passkey III system, make sure there is a fully charged battery in the vehicle. The battery will be used for 30 minutes without the alternator available for charging. Connect a battery charger to the battery to ensure power is available while programming. When performing this relearn, all previously learned keys will be erased. Additional keys may be relearned immediately after the first key has been learned by inserting the additional key and turning the ignition switch to on within 10 seconds of removing the previously learned key.
1. Insert a master key (black head) into the ignition switch.
2. Turn key to the “ON” position without starting the engine. Security light should turn on and stay on.
3. Wait for 10 minutes or until the security light turns off.
4. Turn key to the “OFF” position for 5 seconds.
5. Turn key to the “ON” position without starting the engine. Security light should turn on and stay on.
6. Wait for 10 minutes or until the security light turns off.
7. Turn key to the “OFF” position for 5 seconds.
8. Turn key to the “ON” position without starting the engine. Security light should turn on and stay on.
9. Wait for 10 minutes or until the security light turns off.
10. Turn key to the “OFF” position. The key transponder information will be learned on the next start cycle.
11. Start the vehicle. If the vehicle starts and runs normally, the relearn is complete. If additional keys need to be relearned:
12. Turn the key to the “OFF” position.
13. Insert the next key to be learned. Turn the key to the “ON” position within 10 seconds of removing the previously used key.
14. Wait for security light to turn off. It should happen fairly quickly. You may not notice the lamp, as the transponder value will be learned immediately
15. Repeat steps 12 through 14 for any additional keys.
I did this and the car started up and ran like a champ . I noticed that driver 2 was highligted in the cluster and I promptly hit the driver 1 button for my settings and guess what . It triggered the theftlock mode again . I ran out of daylight so I will resume the task later . I also saw where you can order a theftlock bypass box for Passkey111 . GM has several theftlock systems . Vat , Passkey1 , 2 & 3 and some other one . I don't know if anyone out there has experienced this problem as I welcome any thoughts preferedly solutions to this . Thanks 98eldo32v

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,507 Posts
The 12.5 volt DIC reading is satisfactory for key: ON.

Our 2000-series Sevilles are PK3 vehicles. There's a spare key learn sequence in the owner's manual. The correct key is stamped "PK3" on the key body, right at the transponder head. I believe that we can use as many as 10 keys.

If you can get the DIC to respond to the "1" fob you may be able to reset the personalization programming.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts