Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2001 cadillac STS, fully loaded with everything but NAV. I was wondering it it were possible to get a sts factory nav and hook it up in the car. I know there is the radio, and nav box which goes in the trunk. and an antenna. Even if the car isnt wires for it, I can do that myself, because i have all the pinouts for the nav unit, and i am an installer, so finding wires is no issue. I was just looking for some input, also if anyone knows where i can get a factory nav unit, i cannot find one anywhere.
Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Frank i think you have a tough project ahead of you! My suggestion for where to look for a nav unit may come down to a junkyard. GM probablly does not sell them because they are quite impossible to install as well as overpriced. Can i suggest not getting a factory one installed and saving the money, you can get a hidden one that pops out only when you want it and keep the better sounding head unit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't have NAV in my car either. I hope I never get an urge to own such a high-priced useless POS either. I also hope I never forget how to read a map. But; If I ever do, and I was looking to spend some money, I would get ONSTAR for about $17 bucks a month and have both the abilty to track my car if it ever got stolen and live-up-to-the-minute directions from anywhere that I care to travel. I hope I've helped

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Astronomer