Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 01 SLS that has the P1860 and P0741 codes. After reading all the posts about how to replace the TCC solenoid, i attempted to do it myself. Sure enough the TCC solenoid was burned up just like everyone else's. When i tried putting the new one in I found myself having a series of unfortunate events such as dropping the clip a few times, knocking the main trans filter loose (trying to retrieve dropped clip) and finally i have a stripped thread on the transmission housing where the top bolt of the left side mount bracket goes. Of course this is the hardest one to reach and i doubt i'll be able to helicoil this without dropping the subframe/cradle. I haven't found a clear explanation of the steps required to actually do this. I'm not sure what bolts need to be removed and what connectors should come off. I think i just need to drop or twist the left side engine/trans about 12" or so so i can get the trans cover removed and drill/tap the hole for the helicoil. Also, i'm not sure exactly the size/thread pitch of this particular bolt, all i know is that the head is 20mm.

·
Registered
96 Seville
43 Posts
Basscatt claims to have experience with performing this contortionist repair. Others are of the opinion that your time is well spent in pulling the engine/tranny.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts
Basscatt claims to have experience with performing this contortionist repair. Others are of the opinion that your time is well spent in pulling the engine/tranny.
===============================
Basscatt claims to have experience with performing this contortionist repair
I never made such a claim - EVER -

I READ other members accounts of this repair -
listed in the Tech Tips forum -

here are two of them -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips-how-fix/681057-2003-deville-tcc-solenoid-replacement-cradle.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips-how-fix/243420-tcc-solenoid-car-replacement.html
this one includes a video -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts