Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'01 Cadillac Seville 4.6L v8
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up my fellow Cadillacians,
I have a problem... So Ive been adding water to my 01 Cadillac Seville SLS for the last day in a half and don't want to drive it until I find out whats wrong. below is some of the problems they may seem familiar tosomeone that way you can help me figure out whats going on and how to fix it.
Thanks I can provide pics as well.

Problems
My check coolant level message comes up now.
Water does not hold in coolant tank.
Leak looks like it comes from under bottom of
radiator on the passenger side.
Drains slowly while engine off
Drains quickly while engine running
HELP!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,275 Posts
Either the top radiator hose is leaking, the top hose radiator fitting is cracked or the side tank seal or plastic tank itself is leaking.

Your system has either a 16 or 18 psi cap, and as the coolant heats and expands (normal) system pressure rises and cracks squirt happily.

2001 - Probably new radiator and hoses time.

New radiator and hoses, retail parts at a good local shop - about $200, 2.5 hours labor. ~$400 - $500 total with coolant.

·
Registered
'01 Cadillac Seville 4.6L v8
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot, I've previously un/installed my power steering pressure hose properly (to skip labor costs), I'm looking forward to this job. Ive heard its not that gruesome to pull the radiator out.

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX (sold), 96 Eldorado (sold), 99 DeVille (sold)
1,359 Posts
It is a pretty easy job. When mine went bad, it was easy to tell that the plastic on the side of the radiator was cracked. When the system pressurized, it would spray from the crack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts