Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS 140k miles
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local garage told me I need new struts in the front of my 01 SLS. How do you know wether or not you have electronic struts? I am hoping that i dont just because I would love to be abe to replace them without spending an arm and a leg. Any good suggestions for which struts to buy is a great help. Thanks in advance everyone

·
Registered
1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)
1,702 Posts
Look for the electrical connection. Why do you need to change them? Does the car ride poorly? It may be a case of trying to generate business.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS 140k miles
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont nessecarily beleive they need replaced but my car has a bad groaning / popping noise under my left foot while driving. I can actually feel whatever is making the noise under my foot and it only occurs while steering to the left or making a left hand turn. The strut portion comes into play when i hit a bump at around 10 plus MPH i hear a loud clanging coming from down there almost sounds like metal slamming on metal so im just preparing for the worst. Are there actually SLS models without electronic front struts, or do they all have them?

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
There are SLS models without them. Have your dealer run your VIN number to determine for sure if you don't want to get your hands dirty just to check it.

Your left turning scenario doesn't sound like a strut from what I've read of things on this site. If it were me I'd get a 2nd shop's opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts