Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
That means something is going goofy with your stabilty control..... IE CVRSS, RSS, SSS, etc...... You should be still under warranty, so let them figure it out......

More times than not it is something electrical....... Unless you have high mileage, then the actual struts may be failing........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wes- "Snipes",

I do have a lot of miles on it, 80,000. I did purchase an extended warranty and they will cover the McPherson struts, ( front only but excluding springs). Any thoughts on if the struts do go after this many miles?

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Well, I cant really tell you much about the current system, so Im gonna apply my knowledge of the older system........

Usually the struts go out at 100k, +- 20k........ So maybe you got unlucky...... But average shocks are usually gone after 30k, especially on a heavy car..... I wouldnt think electronic once would last much longer.....

See if they can reset the system...... maybe something went goofy, and the message wont turn off...... I dont know about the current set up, but on most cars, you can unplug the battery for 24 hours and it erases the backup memory.......

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had the same message on my 1997 Concours with 78,000 miles. It turned out the struts were NOT bad. It was the front stabilizer arm. They had to change it along with the bushings and then realign the car. Total cost was a little under $300.00.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I will bring it to the dealer next week when the extended warranty becomes valid. I have not had the message in three days but know if it has come up as it has recently, then something is starting to go bad. I hope to come out with only having to pay the deductable.

Frank

·
Registered
9 Posts
depizzof said:
Thanks for the info. I will bring it to the dealer next week when the extended warranty becomes valid. I have not had the message in three days but know if it has come up as it has recently, then something is starting to go bad. I hope to come out with only having to pay the deductable.

Frank
My 2000 Seville STS is in the shop for the same problem plus some other work. The service advisor called and said that it was a steering sensor that they replaced under warranty and I should have my vehicle back tommorow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
dret2k