Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1999 Deville base
95 Eldorado, 99 Deville, 05 CTS
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I found an immaculate 01 Eldo, 100k miles, with a blown motor. Got it for 500$ My idea is to get an engine from Upull, n do the headgaskets, n put it in. Problem is, the Upull I want to use is 90 miles away. The cars are all blocked up off the ground already, no wheels. No torches or saws are allowed. They do have big A-frame chain hoists there. I need to know the fastest way to pull one of these, because need to do it in 1 trip. Do I drop the frame, or pull it out the top? I just wanna rip one out, the fastest way. I'm guessing the bottom, but if anyone knows why the top would be faster, please let me know. I sent Jake at N* Performance a couple msgs on his site, but no answer. Must be busy, but I need to get this figured out, way ahead of time. Please, let me know your ideas! Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
956 Posts
That's the yard setup for the picknpull's here in Texas. They stack em on T'd wheels on gravel beds.

Speak with yard to see what they have/allow for moving the engine to the front gate. They may have a large forklift.

Typically, dropping the cradle is the fastest way, but you have to n pull it out from under the car - on gravel or dirt.

If they have a fork lift, you could drop via the a frame to the forks then use the a frame to lift the front of the car..

If no fork lift, then check to see if they have plywood, cradled dollies to use.

·
1999 Deville base
95 Eldorado, 99 Deville, 05 CTS
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, it was just what I was looking for! I reread the the yard rules again, and it saz, "no automotive Jack's, of any kind". So, I'm gonna do like you said. They must have a way for customers wanting N*. Thanks a lot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts