Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my new 02 and I'm noticing a lot of subtle differences that I didn't know existed.

First of all let me start with this. The grille on the 02 is in fact body color.

Now something else I noticed is that in my 01 in the rear seat there are pockets in the seat back to hide the seat belt buckles in. In the 02 there is no such provision. Is that correct? I personally thought it was odd.

Additionally the front turn signals in the 02 are very noticeable to the driver. They reflect onto the road pretty brightly. Not the case in the 01.

There are also a few more programmable features in the 02.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,006 Posts
................and the point is ????????

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess the only question I had was, is that normal that the rear seat doesn't have provisions to hide the buckles in?

Other than that it was just an interesting informational post.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,544 Posts
I have a big pouch on the back of the front seat just like on an airplane seat, though I never considered them for seat belt buckles.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL No no I'm talking about in the rear seat back. In my 01 there are provisions for the seat belt buckle, the part with the red button, to tuck into when not in use.

It's makes for a nice clean look when showing the car.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
Seville's are the same way up to '02; mine has them and when people get out of my back seats I go tuck them in. The '03 I cleaned the other day didn't have them.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you. Yeah I'm the same way. As soon as people get out I go tuck them in. Now I like my 01 even more :)

Turns out that there's a good possibility that this car belonged to my buddy's aunt. Actually a guy that works at one of my clients. He says hey, where'd you get that? Did you buy that within the last couple weeks and I said yeah why.

Well hi aunt traded the same car in at the same dealer and bought the same 09 CTS that the salesman says they bought.

If that's the case it's been graded it's whole life and was very well cared for. I'm going to follow up and see if I can prove or disprove that.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ garaged not graded

Boy I must have been tired when I wrote that. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts