Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 01 DTS w/ 118K miles. whenever i go over a large bump in the road it seems like the back end skips towards the passenger side. I was wondering what could be causing this? I just bought some passive rear shocks for it since it is pretty bouncy which i have to install yet and would like to fix this problem as well since i have it ripped apart. Could it be something with the bushings in the sway bar or control arm? If anyone out there knows let me know, this is sort of bugging me. Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
NONE
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. If I dont get any other suggestions I will just replace the shocks and see if that helps the problem. The shocks look to be the original ones and dont look in the best of shape, so it might be the problem. Do you know about how long it takes or any tips on changing the rear shocks?

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Remove top nuts from inside trunk, raise back by the frame and support it with stands so the wheels hang down, remove the lower bolts from the control arms, disconnect the air lines and out they come. One hour tops.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
....whenever i go over a large bump in the road it seems like the back end skips towards the passenger side. ....I just bought some passive rear shocks for it since it is pretty bouncy....
Could be worn out shocks or rear tire pressure too high. Or the additive effect of both.

·
Registered
NONE
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advise cadillac tech. my tire pressure is at 32 psi all around and it has newer tires with like 5k miles on them. i also notice that speeds over 60 the car starts to shake, not really terrible though. ive heard that this is a problem for many owners. think i will go get the tires balanced soon to see if that helps it any. thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts