Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
01 Deville DTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 Deville DTS, rear left door just stoped working about 2 months ago. I have not been able to dig into it yet, just hoping someone can help. Door is completly dead, no power to window, switch, locks from door itself or from master. Looking through the owners manual i only see 1 fuse for passanger door module. not seperate doors, right sid still works fine. Any Ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Premium, Saturn Vue XR
493 Posts
Had the same problem with front passenger door, was the car boosted lately?..could trip the computer. I disconnected the ground on my battery for 15 secs. and voila everything worked fine and have had no problems. Try this before yanking at electrical parts.

·
Registered
01 Deville DTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No trouble codes, also pulled the battery for 3 hrs and nothing. I did forget to mention that the courtesy light does work now and again, when the light is working the rest of the door still is not. AAAUUHHHH!!!! Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,544 Posts
you are going to have to see if you have supply power to know if the problem is in the door or the supply.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Hmm weird. I had the same problem with the same door on my 01. It turned out to be intermittent and I don't' ever use the rear seat so I never investigated.

Last time I tried it, it was working.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
My 2000 DeVille has the same issue only on the left rear door. When I wiggle the wires in the door jam I can get it to work sometimes. My question is where is the door pin on these cars? Is it a contact that is in the wiring harness? I think there is a connection issue which causes the problem. I see a bunch of people have this issue.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
No door pins. that's old school. The switch is integrated into the latch. But that wouldn't cause all the power to go out.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
I have the same problem in my 00 DeVille - I'm guessing it a bad connection in the wiring harness in the door.

·
Registered
PREVIOUS 00DTS,04DTS,04DTS,03CTS,07CTS CURRENT 07STS4 09CTS4
522 Posts
I got the same problem but on my rear right side...just bought a rear door module off ebay for $25 let's see if it works if not then my guess its a break in door jam or somewhere along there

·
Registered
2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)
1,915 Posts
its defiantly a wire issue.
i have my right left window not working however everything else works
the wire is what causes it.. because with the door shut the window will not work... however if i open the door and hit the button the window will work perfectly.
so there must be a pinch area where it breaks a hot or signal wire.

·
Registered
23 Posts
open the door and pull the rubber on the harness and check for a broke wire usually the black ground wire from opening and closing door causes it to break

·
Registered
2002 Deville DTS
1 Posts
My 2002 DTS stalled and wouldn't restart until I opened the left rear door to remove the seat to inspect the battery. The wirings were broken in the jamb boot and were shorting. rebuilt the harness by pushing the pins out of the connector and crimping and soldering new wiring. I thought GM had cured this problem, but no.

·
Registered
2004 Deville, Silver, Gone, but not forgotten, 1972 Eldorado, 1974 eldorado, 1975 CDV
721 Posts
slide the rubber sleeve back inside the door jamb and look for broken wires

·
Registered
4 Posts
I posted that this site is too complicated, and it is. I signed in and welcome stuff but no place to ask or find a color code for my 2003 Deville right rear door.

I didn't sighn on to chat. Just a door wire color code. Thanks for informing me that I need to look elsewhere and not become a donating member.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,214 Posts
I didn't sighn on to chat. Just a door wire color code. Thanks for informing me that I need to look elsewhere and not become a donating member.
====================:wave: see ya :wavehi: - stop by when you can chat for a while -

1 - 20 of 23 Posts