Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
2001 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
IF you decide to replace the plenum, get it and the silicone port seals from RockAuto. A dealership will make your eyes water with their retail pricing.

The Dorman plenum comes with seals (some have had fitment problems) and you can get them separately. Look at the pricing per set. Cadillac used to get $17 each.

Thanks Sub that Rock Auto is my New online go to store

·
Super Moderator 2003 Deville Base SEMPER PARATUS
4,323 Posts
Alright thanks for clearing that up

That Rock auto have some great deals i saved 75$ ordering the things i was goingvto buy from adavance auto and AutoZone
Do not buy parts from Autozone. Oil, fluids, maybe but not hard parts. Nevrlast.

·
2001 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yesterday i sprayed for vaccum leaks i did get a small idle change from what seems to be underneath the throttle body and pelluem thing is I just replace the pelleum when did my starter and intake gaskets a little over a year ago

·
2001 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After i was done spraying for leaks i drove the car around with the high idle about 30 minutes and then the idle dropped to normal 650 in park but this morning the high idle had returned

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,587 Posts
I don't like the idle (speed ?) change when cleaner was sprayed down by the plenum.

When was the last time you removed the IAC, cleaned the bore and passages with TB cleaner and fuzzy pipe cleaners (craft store) and made sure the IAC shaft was screwed all the way into the motor bore ?

Click to enlarge, use the side < > to scroll. Click the little grid in the lower right corner to get the big picture.

CV10012A__ra_p.jpg Butt plug & air box 2 notes.JPG

·
2001 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I don't like the idle (speed ?) change when cleaner was sprayed down by the plenum.

When was the last time you removed the IAC, cleaned the bore and passages with TB cleaner and fuzzy pipe cleaners (craft store) and made sure the IAC shaft was screwed all the way into the motor bore ?

Click to enlarge, use the side < > to scroll. Click the little grid in the lower right corner to get the big picture.

View attachment 572945 View attachment 572946
I changed it last week with the Tps sensor as far as the throttle body have not cleaned the bore

·
66,587 Posts
TB - remove all the intake air ducting. Block the throttle wide open by wedging something against the front seat skirt and gas pedal.

Using lint free rags, an old toothbrush and TB cleaner, scrub both sides of the throttle blade and bore squeaky clean - don't get excessive amounts of the cleaner past the blade into the connector plenum area.

·
2001 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
TB - remove all the intake air ducting. Block the throttle wide open by wedging something against the front seat skirt and gas pedal.

Using lint free rags, an old toothbrush and TB cleaner, scrub both sides of the throttle blade and bore squeaky clean - don't get excessive amounts of the cleaner past the blade into the connector plenum area.
Thats one mistake i did when i cleaned the throttle body i opened the blade by hand and sprayed a large amount of carb cleaner then wiped it out with a towel that may have damaged the pelleum no

·
Super Moderator
86,145 Posts
For future reference, carb cleaner or TB cleaner (especially TB cleaner) evaporates very quickly. Next time, leave the throttle plate wedged open for a few hours so it can evaporate AFTER you dry it up as best as you can with a rag.

·
2001 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I went to pep boys today and they found a mass air flow code p0171,p0174 no vaccum leaks so i purchased a mass air flow sensor i will be putting it on tomorrow

·
66,587 Posts
P 0171 and P 0174 refer to lean fuel mixtures and vacuum leaks, not mass airflow. You may have spent money for nothing.

I'll bet your existing MAF is good and that there may be a large leak in the intake ducting at or after the MAF.

Your car has its own built-in code system - you don't need an outside scan.

Study the later model section of this link (from the stickies in your Deville forum) written by JimD and learn to pull your own codes. Our 2000 - 2005 cars are different from the earlier models when it comes to pulling trouble codes.

Here are the buttons you use to get into the code system.

DIC controls.jpg

·
2001 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I just put the new mass airflow sensor on clean the bores of the idle aor control valve cleared the codes took it for a highway run and a quick stop in go in town fuel trims are back to normal p0122,p0171,p0174 have not returned this drive cycle but the high idle with the car cruising around 40 mph without acceleration with scan tool plugged there is now a p0507 pending the iac is new maybe i need to adjust the pindal next task

·
66,587 Posts
There is no pintle adjustment necessary or desired on the IAC - it's all automatic. See your other (resurrected) thread question.

Adjustments can be done on the earlier models solenoid-operated ISC - Idle Speed Control - mechanical stop screw.

Just for grins, swap the old MAF back in and check all the ducting for no air leaks. See if the codes stay off.

P 0122 has nothing to do with MAF - that's a TPS code.

·
2001 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I wont to give a big thanks to Submariner409,Ranger and the cadillac forum
Problem fixed the source of tge problem was dirty throttle body and Iac valve with a damaged mass air flow sensor after cleaning the original iac valve and twisting the pindel back changing the mass air flpw sensor and thoroughly cleaning the throttle body and bore ports fuel trims right around zero idle at 650 rpms engine quite as mouse
Big Blue is Back I hope Goldie dont get jealous and start acting up!
Thanks again guys

Attachments

·
2001 Deville
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
There is no pintle adjustment necessary or desired on the IAC - it's all automatic. See your other (resurrected) thread question.

Adjustments can be done on the earlier models solenoid-operated ISC - Idle Speed Control - mechanical stop screw.

Just for grins, swap the old MAF back in and check all the ducting for no air leaks. See if the codes stay off.

P 0122 has nothing to do with MAF - that's a TPS code.
tps i changed to get rid of the p0122
Maf i just changed to get rid of the p0174 and p0171 along with cleaning throttle body

21 - 36 of 36 Posts