Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a couple of questions; well actually a problem. Recently I changed my oil, its been about less then a month into the oil change and I received a message on the display saying "Check Oil Pressure/Oil Pressure Low; turn off engine." So I turned off the engine, and waited about a minute and turned it on again, the message didn't show up, until later. I followed the same steps and the message disappeared. My car has 107,000 Miles change the oil roughly 3000-3500 miles, always get it done at the Cadillac Dealership. I checked the diag codes and nothing should up relating to the oil or engine. Also there are no leaks that I can see, if that helps. Do you guys know what I can do to fix the problem, or even what the problem might be?

Thank You, for any help.
Berat

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,031 Posts
There have been quite a few posts in here concerning the oil pressure sending unit/switch/sensor, which is located on the top side of the filter adapter. The sensor sometimes gives a false signal, especially during hot idle conditions.

What exactly were the engine conditions when the messages appeared ??

Check your oil level - halfway up the dipstick hashmark - more is overfilled and leads to excessive oil consumption.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts