Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
01 Deville and 98 Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to put an HID system on my 01 Deville that was supposed to be new but when I connected it all the electronics went out and it diesn`t even run. I discovered that the ballast was not new and it was bad,so can anyone give suggestions as a cure?

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Well as a WAG i would say a new ballast is in order... And thanks for blinding the rest of use by using a HID system in non HID housings...

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Yeah, installing HIDs in a reflector type housing not designed for them is illegal, extremely annoying, and potentially dangerous.

Also, your car uses the low beam bulbs as DRLs. The ballasts won't function on 6 volts. Not sure if it would have damaged them though.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,274 Posts
Well as a WAG i would say a new ballast is in order... And thanks for blinding the rest of use by using a HID system in non HID housings...
==========================
And thanks for blinding the rest of us
by using a HID system in non HID housings...
--------------------:yeah:

----------

Yeah, installing HIDs in a reflector type housing not designed for them is illegal, extremely annoying, and potentially dangerous.

Also, your car uses the low beam bulbs as DRLs. The ballasts won't function on 6 volts. Not sure if it would have damaged them though.
==============================
installing HIDs in a reflector type housing not designed for them
is illegal, extremely annoying, and potentially dangerous

====================:yeah:

----------

karma's a bitch, ain't it? :lildevil:
========================
karma's a bitch, ain't it
--------------:yeah:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts