Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 DeVille
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to throw out a line to see if anyone has dealt with this before.

Got an 01 DeVille, picked up with bad HGs. Tore it all down and threw in studs, and it's ran like a dream ever since. The thing is, that was in the summer. Well, I just ran it for the first time this winter and realized my heat doesn't work. Coolant level in the tank is dead on full, and has been every time I've checked it. Interestingly enough, however, i went to feel the heater core in&outlets, and there isn't any coolant in them at all. Bone dry. Coolant is all throughout the system, and the car has *never* gone past halfway mark since the rebuild, so I'm at a loss how there just isn't any coolant in them. Thinking back, I remember that the previous owner did attempt to *ahem...* "fix" the HGs by putting two bottles of Blue Devil and one bottle of copper clock seal in the coolant. So I guess it did its job and sealed something up alright. :bigroll: Does anyone have any idea where the common clog points are that I should be looking for? I really don't wanna just start ripping lines off in -5 degree weather :crybaby: so I just wanted to see if any of yall had 2¢ for me.

Thanks for your time,

Paul

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
If the heater core is plugged from that crap fix the only way around it is to replace the heater core.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,504 Posts
Yep - heater core and probably heater feed/return lines. But the damage done by the Blue Devil and block sealer may be far-reaching and not reversible.

·
Registered
2001 DeVille
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thank you for the replies guys! Looks like I may be waiting until spring to tackle this, however one idea I did have was to drain the system (dang, was hoping to avoid hahah) and instead of flushing the inlet and outlet of the heater core with a garden hose, flushing the actual feed and return lines to the engine with the hose. Would probably be lucky if it worked, but hey the odds can be in your favor every once in a while! If I try this soon, I'll be sure to update the thread with my findings.

Thanks again!

Paul

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,792 Posts
Does anyone have any idea where the common clog points are that I should be looking for?
A common clog point is the hollow bolt that the purge line connects to, but based on the fact that it had that snake oil dumped in it, that may not be it.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts