Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 ETC (RIP), 01 Deville
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my new to me 01 Deville today. It is now time to figure out what my electrical problem is. Here is the list of issues... the turn signals do not work, but the hazards do work. The Info, On/Off buttons do not work, so I cannot pull codes. Cruise control does not work. The Metric/English, Display Mode, trip buttons do not work. The Air Bag light is lit. On the information Center I am getting Service Electrical System and Service Air Bag System messages. That's the list. Does anyone have an idea of what I should look for? Should I invest in a cheap OBD2 Scantool? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
No need for a scanner, your car has one built in. Click on the sticky thread at the top of the FWD Deville/Fleetwood page on how to pull DTCs.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,405 Posts
........... but his DIC controls don't work.

Take the car to a big parts store and ask them to scan the system - and why.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Oops. Long night, my brain isn't fully functional today. :alchi:

Only thing with most of he pats store scanners is they'll only pull P codes.

·
Registered
98 ETC (RIP), 01 Deville
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went and picked up a Bosch Bluetooth Scantool. I have a 96 Tahoe, so I'll make good use of the Scantool on the Tahoe and on other vehicles.

I have two codes that are sticking around. P0449 Evaporative Emission Vent Valve Solenoid Malfunction. The next code seems relevant to my problem, a P0650 Malfunction Indicator Lamp Control Circuit. The Code Connect feature said I have a PMC and/or DIC wiring issue.

·
Registered
98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next
2,125 Posts
Turn signals inop....no cruise....air bag light on....... steering coil in column possibly busted.

Service electrical system..... use multimeter and test voltage at battery with vehicle running for alternator output...14.1-14.5

Cluster info/metric buttons inop.....either unplugged or need replacement.

Sounds like the dash has been apart in my opinion.

·
Registered
98 ETC (RIP), 01 Deville
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is fixed. And it was a strange one. It was missing it's IGN1 relay, located in the fuse box under the rear seat. I missed this on my initial check. it isn't everyday that a relay is absent from it's socket. I ran and cleared all my codes, nothing has come back at this point.

I did my first bit of maintenance too. I drained and refilled the cooling system with Havoline Dexcool and Distilled Water, 50/50 mix. I also added 6 Bars Leak HDC tablets to the lower radiator hose.

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my post, your help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts