Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you not familiar with the Lexus ES, it is the front wheel drive sedan powered by a 3.5 liter 24-valve V6 putting out 272 bhp and a 6-speed automatic. Lexus' website puts its performance at 0-60 in 6.8 seconds.

I recently took a trip out in the countryside with my family. We left very early Sunday morning and headed out of the city. We were at the outskirts of Los Angeles County and it was around 7AM Sunday, so the freeways were fairly empty. I was a bit excited on our first long distance trip on our Cadillac so I was eager to test its performance. Our Cadillac was loaded with luggage and three occupants and a near full tank of gas.

We were cruising along at about 80-ish on the fast lane. We ran up behind this black Lexus in the fast lane doing about 70! Now for those of you not in the know, 70 in the fast lane in California is slow! Speed limits in some freeways outside of cities is 70! We sat behind the Lexus for a bit (not tailgating) and waited, and waited, and waited for a hint of some good graces from the Lexus driver to move over....no response. So I signalled, switched to the right lane and began my pass. As I was going by the Lexus, it's driver, a well-dressed guy in his 40's wearing slick sunglasses looked over at me and gave me a cold stare. I in turn glanced over at him to see who this tool was who had parked himself in the fastlane at 70 in a very fast Interstate.

This is the exact car:

I completed my pass and accelerated up to 80-ish again. Well, the Lexus driver took this as a personal challenge. I was still on the right lane but now Mr. Lexus is on my ass. WTF? :mad: I put the pedal to the metal and my DeVille downshifted to 3rd and accelerated up to triple digits. I backed off at around 105 to avoid running into the speed governor but the car was still going strong at that point. This got me away from the Lexus. But that wasn't enough. I slowed back down to 90. Well, here came Mr. Lexus again with a full head of steam. Right before he got near me, I floored the accelerator again and the N*'s V8 raced up with its beautiful 32 valve NASCAR-like soundtrack then catapulted the DeVille back up to 110 this time, before I backed off a bit. The Lexus fell behind but he kept on trying to gain on me but this time, I kept my speed up and the Lexus disappeared.

Oh yeah! That felt good. Mr. Lexus probably thought he was going to show me that he owned the fast lane! Haha! He's probably trying to trade his car in now for a GS! Owned!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Haha great story! Nothing like beating smug Lexus owners with your family in the car!

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Tough guy with an entry level Lexus, huh? Sounds common, actually.. He figures he's something special just because he's got slick sunglasses and a brand new Lexus...

The ES350 IS quick. It Probably COULD take you to 60. But I think the Northstar has the upper hand on the highway...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts